This guide will make you able to upgrade or downgrade (Limited) your galaxy S5 to any firmware version by using Odin3.
- Stock ROM for the model number of your device
- Odin3 tool.
- Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver.
- Charged rooted or non rooted Samsung galaxy S5.
- USB cable and Windows PC
- Backup your important data before flashing, in case of this process corrupt your data. [important in downgrading]
- Download stock ROM file (make sure you download the right FW for your phone's model number) from SamMobile or Samsung-Updates and unzip it only one time (the extracted firmware file has *.tar.md5 extension).
- Download and install Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver (Link below)
- Download Odin3 tool and unzip it (Link below)
- Close Samsung Kies and disconnect any device connected to USB ports of your computer.
- Run "Odin3" as administrator.
- Click on PDA button (AP if you are using Odin3 v3.09) and navigate to the *.tar or *.tar.md5 firmware file
(it will take a few second to check firmware file, if you are using Odin3 v3.09).
- If the Zip file contains more than one *.tar file then they will be labeled with PDA, Phone and CSC. Put them in the corresponding section of Odin3
- Shut down your device and make sure it's completely off.
- Put your device into download mode by pressing and holding (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons then Press Volume up to continue.
- Connect your galaxy S5 to PC using USB cable and wait until you get a sign in Odin (ID:COM section) and "Added" in message box.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT MARKED[very important]
- Click Start and wait a few minutes until you see "RESET" or "PASS!".
- If your device stuck in bootloop, factory reset it from recovery mode.
YT video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_mlA1ywb5oNotes :
- Do not disconnect the USB cable or turn your device off while flashing process.
- Install Samsung Mobile Driver or Samsung Kies if you don't see a sign in Odin (Step 6).
- I am not responsible if something wrong happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK).
- This process won't take more than 10 minutes.
- Flashing firmwares which contains more than one *.tar.md5 file will wipe all data on internal storage.
- Flashing official/stock firmware won't increase the binary flash nor KNOX WARRANTY VOID counter and won't cancel the device's warranty.