Android Reviews, Tutorials, How To's, Root, UnRoot, Flash for Android mobile phones and operating system

21 April 2014

How to Flash and Restore Galaxy S5 [All Variants] to Stock ROM Using Odin3

Complete tutorial about flashing and restoring any model of Samsung galaxy S5 or any Samsung galaxy device to stock firmware.
This guide will make you able to upgrade or downgrade (Limited) your galaxy S5 to any firmware version by using Odin3.

Requirements :
  • Stock ROM for the model number of your device
  • Odin3 tool.
  • Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver.
  • Charged rooted or non rooted Samsung galaxy S5.
  • USB cable and Windows PC
Before starting :
  • Backup your important data before flashing, in case of this process corrupt your data. [important in downgrading]
  • Download stock ROM file (make sure you download the right FW for your phone's model number) from SamMobile or Samsung-Updates and unzip it only one time (the extracted firmware file has *.tar.md5 extension).
  • Download and install Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver (Link below)
  • Download Odin3 tool and unzip it (Link below)
  • Close Samsung Kies and disconnect any device connected to USB ports of your computer.
Flashing instructions :
  1. Run "Odin3" as administrator.
  2. Click on PDA button (AP if you are using Odin3 v3.09) and navigate to the *.tar or *.tar.md5 firmware file (it will take a few second to check firmware file, if you are using Odin3 v3.09).
    - If the Zip file contains more than one *.tar file then they will be labeled with PDA, Phone and CSC. Put them in the corresponding section of Odin3
  3. Shut down your device and make sure it's completely off.
  4. Put your device into download mode by pressing and holding (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons then Press Volume up to continue.
  5. Connect your galaxy S5 to PC using USB cable and wait until you get a sign in Odin (ID:COM section) and "Added" in message box.
  6. Make sure re-partition is NOT MARKED[very important]
  7. Click Start and wait a few minutes until you see "RESET" or "PASS!".
  8. If your device stuck in bootloop, factory reset it from recovery mode.
Done!
Notes :
  • Do not disconnect the USB cable or turn your device off while flashing process.
  • Install Samsung Mobile Driver or Samsung Kies if you don't see a sign in Odin (Step 6).
  • I am not responsible if something wrong happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK).
  • This process won't take more than 10 minutes.
  • Flashing firmwares which contains more than one *.tar.md5 file will wipe all data on internal storage.
  • Flashing official/stock firmware won't increase the binary flash nor KNOX WARRANTY VOID counter and won't cancel the device's warranty.
Downloads :
  • Odin3 v3.04 HERE, v3.07 HERE, v3.09 HERE
  • Latest Samsung Mobile Driver HERE
  • Latest Samsung Kies HERE
  • Latest Samsung Kies 3 HERE

169 comments:

1. Vinicius Diniz30 May, 2014 21:45

Is it safe to flash a stock firmware of another model of S5 (other region) on my
    phone? For example, if I flash the firmware built for SM-G900M into my SM-G900T,
    can it brick or lock my phone?
    If it is possible, should I root the phone
    first?

ReplyDelete
  2. "If I flash the firmware built for SM-G900M into my SM-G900T"
    It will brick your phone
    It's not possible as they are a different model (kernel, bootloader , ... aren't the same)

3. Vinicius Diniz02 June, 2014 14:28

Thanks!!!

4. My knox counter is showing 1 wot should I do

5. Nothing ,No way to reset it until now

ReplyDelete
  6. I read here that KNOX is not affected if flashing Stock Samsung unchanged firmwares. Has anyone tried it? i was warned long time ago that Odin will break Knox even with official samsung stock firmware. Has anyone done so and can really confirm it does not break KNOX (i.e 0x1)
    thanks
    tal

ReplyDelete
  7. Will flashing a ROM with a different CSC work? I'm currently running an EVR carrier specific ROM on my SM-G900F. Can I flash a BTU (Samsung stock) SM-G900F ROM, and if so will it actually change the CSC as well so that I will get the Samsung updates rather than waiting for the carrier?

ReplyDelete
  8. You can flash any CSC, the importance is that it must be the same model number

ReplyDelete
  9. can i do this on my samsung tablet?

10. Vik Shevchenko31 July, 2014 19:38

Hello. Can i install firmware for my galaxy s5 SEK or SER (ukraine,europe or russian) my Phone is G900V Verizon USA 16gb Snap801, or what you can recomend?

11. Hi,

I have the samsung galaxy s5 from AT&T and I unlocked it -- i.e., when I entered the unlock code it said successful.

However, when I entered a sim card (I used verizon's) it said "not registered on network" when I tried making calls or texting.

Can you please tell me what I need to do? Do I need to install Odin or something? Can you please provide me a tutorial for it (video if possible).

Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

12. Guillermo Arriaga23 August, 2014 20:36

Hi, is it possible to flash an international version like the SM-G900F ROM on the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 model SM-G900T? Will it brick my phone?

13. Guillermo Arriaga23 August, 2014 20:56

what if I flash the SM-G900F into the SM-G900T, I´ve heard they are compatible versions here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKfXkIA-ms

ReplyDelete
  14. i am using galaxy s5 SM-G900L version which is android 4.4.2 build version NI1 and non-rooted(Knox 0X0). And i want to downgrade to samsung stock firmware android 4.4.2 NH2. Does this process trip Knox to 0X1? and warranty gone? Some people say even downgrading to lower version to stock firmware trips Knox to 0X1 and some people says it keeps it's warranty 0X1. I can not decide which one is right. Need Help! because i want to use towelroot which works well on stock firmware NH2 without tripping Knox.

Thank you for reading such a long comment :O

15. Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from O2 UK network (model number SM-G900F). What I need is a non-network-specific firmware. Will the VIR file work, or do I have to use the O2U file?

Many Thanks,
    Yiannis

ReplyDelete
  16. Normally it doesn't matter if you flash any G900F FW to your device but I can't guarantee that

17. Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded and tried both the BTU and the VIR files. The O2 splash screen disappeared but my main issue is that I cannot change the Voicemail number I go to Settings | Calls | Voicemail number, add the "new" number but I get a "Voicemail number unsuccessful" message.

Thanks again,
    Yiannis

ReplyDelete
  18. I'm confused on how the get the kernel on my phone its a s5 g900a and it seems like nothing will work for my model this is so furstrateing its been almost 1 month me trying to get this to work

ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F mobile which was purchased in Hong Kong, naturally when facrory reset it reverts to default Chinese language, the question I wish help with is can I load the UK firmware to it and if so how is the best way to achieve this, any help would be appreciated. Mike

20. Adrian Fernandez13 December, 2014 18:30

Hi
    I was wondering if I could the process but with out ODIN3 tool and just do the process through TRWP recovery? because I currently do not have access to a computer

ReplyDelete
  21. Yes but using zip not tar.md5 file and you need to search it :)

22. Adrian Fernandez14 December, 2014 16:47

Well I have firmware from sammobile that I downloaded, should I be fine with that?

ReplyDelete
  23. Hello. Do you think this could help me us my phone: It is a SM-G900R4, MADE IN CHINA. Its a Samsung S5 by
    USCellular. It came with a GSM card, the imei has 14 digits. If I do this Could it unlock it to use it abroad?

24. No, sammobile FW is tar.md5 files
    Custom recovery flash zip files only

25. No, this won't unlock your phone

26. John Del Castillo18 December, 2014 15:36

Mr.W0lf thanks for your guides but I am having a problem trying to go back to stock. Using ODIN and this guide I get FAIL and this message in the phone "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 2 > Binary 1" what can I do to fix this?

27. I don't need the message in the phone
    I need the fail message in odin + model and current build number + which FW file your are trying to flash to your phone

28. John Del Castillo18 December, 2014 20:51

Thanks MrW0lf for your reply. I manage to fix the phone by flashing the files but separately that I found in XDA. Now my phone is back to stock :) Now I have currently Baseband G900AUCU1ANCE, Kernerl : 3.4.0-964333 dpi@SWDD5913 # 1 Mar 14 13:17:19 KST 2014 .... Build Number : KOT49H.G900AUCU1ANCE is this the latest update I will get? I did an AT&T update and got no new updates. Any input highly appreciated :)

29. NCE isn't the latest update, the latest is NG3
    Wait 1 or 2 days and you will receive it or try to factory reset

30. John Del Castillo19 December, 2014 03:51

Thanks for the reply Mr W0lf. Later on today got the update from AT&T but it failed. During the installation stopped and got the notification that the update failed. What should I do ? why it failed? Also I think I still need to do a factory reset since I can see my old pictures still in the phone. Will this help the update?

31. Try to update using Samsung KIES

32. John Del Castillo19 December, 2014 12:16

Thanks for the reply MrW0lf I tried with that but it told me it was gonna install the current firmware that I have installed on the phone. Or where should i try in the software?

33. If it will install your current FW, let it to reinstall it

34. John Del Castillo19 December, 2014 15:12

So go ahead and reinstall the current firmware? that will solve the issue of the OTA update interrupted? Thanks for reply Mr.W0lf

ReplyDelete
  35. Mr.wolf I have the s5 on Verizon running 4.4 4 nk2 I want to root my phone but towel root won't support it is there anything I can do

ReplyDelete
  36. http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2014/09/TowelRoot-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S5-and-Note3-Android-4.4.2-NF-or-Later.html

ReplyDelete
  37. Mr. Wolf than you so much I've been trying to do this for 4 days if it wasn't for you I would be lost. I have a quick question, after the root I notice my s5 gets hot and the health app comes up with an error saying the app content had stop, I have to click okay many times so I disable the app. The problem now when the phone boots up the phone freezes with a message saying service content had stopped, I have to click this message serveral timed before I can do anything on the phone, do you what could be causing this? Once again your awesome by helping so many people thanks again

ReplyDelete
  38. Mr. Wolf I keep getting unfortunately content services has stopped after hanging up the phone and at random times after I rooted the phone. Do you know how I can fix this. Thanks so much

ReplyDelete
  39. Sir my s5 is SM-G9008V and i wanna remove the chinese application and reroot it to SM-G9008F is it possible? thanks!

40. Did you root it?
    Tell me your the build number of your phone

ReplyDelete
  41. I am using an S5 SM-G900F with Hong Kong 4.4.2 firmware. If I flash G900FXXU1BOA3 (Android 5 UK firmware) will the Device Status change to "Modified" and prevent future OTA updates?

42. बाबु लामा21 January, 2015 10:05

Can I upgrade my galaxy s5 SM-G900I kitkat to lollipop of same model no but of different region?

ReplyDelete
  43. No, it won't change the Device Status to "Modified"

ReplyDelete
  44. Hi why do I getting ERROR messafe on the end of flashing process? I m on this firmware G900FXXU1ANG9_G900FOXX1ANG5_G900FXXU1ANG8_HOME.tar
    And when I trying change firware to another country so I get thar message about Failllllallways on the end of flashing process..

ReplyDelete
  45. After waiting a few minutes for Odin to transfer all of the files, I was near the end (at system.img.ext4) and I said to myself "I'm almos there!" when all of a sudden I see hidden.img.ext4 and below it (FAIL!) (EXT4). At this point, the phone freezed in download mode and Odin displayed FAIL!. After rebooting the device, I ended up with the screen "Firmware upgrade encountered an erro

ReplyDelete
  46. Just now. Installed this firmware, all OTA updates installed but in the kies still not showing option update to android L...

47. And this is what I have after all updates

ReplyDelete
  48. Just flashed latest android L for UK and works great. Stil dont know what was the issue but now is all good

ReplyDelete
  49. What is the message you have in kies?
    What is the CSC of the FW that you flash?
    What is you current CSC that you are running now on your device?

50. Kies: PDA:OA3 / PHONE:OA3 / CSC:OA4

This is flashed firmware: G900FXXU1BOA3_G900FOXA1BOA4_G900FXXU1BOA3_HOME.tar

And CSC on the device is G900FOXA1BOA4

And the only one correct4.4.2 firware what I was possible flash after the Fail is: G900FXXU1ANG9_G900FOXX1ANG5_G900FXXU1ANG8_HOME.tar

ReplyDelete
  51. MrW0lf. How do I fix this? Model:SM-G901F. Stuck in download mode whenever I the phone on. Formatted EVERYTHING including /BOOT using CWM (NO SAVES HERE). Now at download mode it read:
    Could not do normal boot [RED IN COLOR]
    ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED) [RED IN COLOR]
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-G901F [WHITE IN COLOR]
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom [ WHITE IN COLOR]
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official [WHITE IN COLOR]
    REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF [WHITE IN COLOR]
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1 (2) [WHITE IN COLOR]
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB) [GREY]
    RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1 A1, P1 [GREY]
    SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE [BLUE]
    UDC START [RED]
    *PICTURE OF ANDROID WITH WORDS "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!*
    Please help! i did not root my phone. Just attempted and this happened. Factory rest does not work.

ReplyDelete
  52. boot into recovery mode and tell me the CSC (its 3 letters)

ReplyDelete
  53. Did you try to flash a stock FW?
    If yes and it fails please tell me the message of odin3

ReplyDelete
  54. After searching BTU I found 4 original firmwares on sammobile. And G900FFXXU1BOA3 what I have instaled now seems to be correct.
    Only one think is different in the Kies than it was before. I can see ny firmware but not the same one under, with the nessage : latest firmware

ReplyDelete
  55. MrWolf is there a faster way to download this because Rapidgator file always fails because it takes too long without going premium?
    Galaxy S5 PlusSM-G901FSING901FXXU1ANK4

56. The file is also 1.3 GB

57. No, try to use sammobile its alittle faster than rapidgator

ReplyDelete
  58. All right! Got it working thanks. BTW any side effects if I flash chainfire on the phone?

59. Hello,

I am getting an error when running the Flash on my Galaxy S5 from Verizon. I am getting the following error in Odin3 v3.09:
    ID:0/004> Added!!

Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..

File analysis..

SetupConnection..

Complete(Write) operation failed.

All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Any suggestions?

60. No, but you will void your device warranty

61. End task for Kies or uninstall it until you finish flashing

ReplyDelete
  62. After I have rooted my phone successfully I still can not tether my wifi. What am I missing here?

63. Mr WOLF,
    I have a sm-g900f that i got from china, it had 4.2.2 kit kat I used your instruction to update to 5.0.0 Lollipop,everything went well except one bug,
    after I charge my phone when I unplug it it keeps beeping on and off showing the battery still charging.
    can you help please.

64. MR WOLF i have a sm-g900f

need to downgrade back to kitkat 4.4.2
    but there is no G900FXXU1BNL9??
    what do i do??

ReplyDelete
  65. Are you sure that your phone isn't fake? I remember that the S5 doesn't came out with 4.2.2

66. NL9 isn't kitkat its lollipop

67. How do I know which firmware to download?? Please help
    want to get kitkat back on my phone

ReplyDelete
  68. Sorry, I wanted to say 4.4.2, ,I downgrade back to kitkat 4.4.2 my battery drains quick it last only for 5 hours I don't use it a lot I changed it with genuine Samsung that I got from their store still the same problem, I'm using SGS 3 charger.

ReplyDelete
  69. Download any kitkat 4.4.2 from http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G900F

70. Factory reset your device
    Let it finish all battery until it shutdown
    Charge it to 100% then turn it
    This might help you a little

ReplyDelete
  71. Mr. Wolf.. This will be my first time doing this so I'm not sure about some things.
    Its an SM-G9006V from china.. There's no playstore.. I need to flash it and install a rom that has the playstore.
    In the instructions you say to make sure to get the right stock rom for your model, but when I checked the updates page, the only available roms for my model are from the CHU region, I googled and turns out that's all china, I expect they have the very same chinese market setup which I am trying to get rid of.
    Recommendations please. Your help is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work

72. Unfortunately, you can't flash any other FW file to your device
    You need SM-G9006V FW file

73. Hi Mr Wolf,

can you tell me how to fix
    this device is locked because of an abnormal factory reset,

ReplyDelete
  74. Is there a way to enable the play store in this ROM at least?

75. Rafael Costabella Cantu16 February, 2015 08:55

Mr. Wolf, I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-GS870a rooted on Kitkat 4.4.4 build AO1A. I prefer 4.4.2 ANG3. I have the roms to flash it back and when I do it "appears" to flash, but it's still on 4.4.4. What do I do to make it flash back like I want to?

76. You need to use Samsung account to unlock it

77. Make sure you have downloaded the NG3 FW

78. Mr wolf,
    can you tell me how to fix not registered on network on galaxy s5 running kitkat, thank you

79. Michael Agathangelou23 February, 2015 14:58

my friend my mobile stuck on samsung boot logo

ReplyDelete
  80. hi newbie here. my samsung s5 shows "canera failed" whenever i try to use its camera. i've searched the net and tried all stuff (rebooting, safe mode, reformating) but it still doesnt work. but i found out that some s5 were released with deffective ROM. i was just wondering. if i try to install a new rom will it fix my phone? thanks.

ReplyDelete
  81. this is the link for the explanation of my phones deffect. (by the way mine.doesnt cannot be replaced because i bought it without warranty and its 2nd hand. http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-explains-camera-failed-fault-373680/

ReplyDelete
  82. I have a sm-g900f that i got from china, it had 4.2.2 kit kat.

ReplyDelete
  83. Give it a try, if it doesn't fix it send it to the warranty for they replace your device

84. Model, build number?
    settings / about device / build number

85. The Build number is:

KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANL1

ReplyDelete
  86. Flash this file using odin3 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722646620

87. can you explain to me where to put the file in Oden3 thank you

88. Can you explain to me where to put the file in odin 3

89. HI Mr Wolf,

Can you explain to me where to put the file in odin 3, doe's my phone need to be rooted first?

ReplyDelete
  90. When I add the file you send me using Oden3 PDA baton, the phone reboots and when it gets to the samsung logo keeps rebooting again and again, please help

ReplyDelete
  91. Mr. Wolf, I have a AT&T SM-G900A which just got its new update for kitkat (4.4.4) and im haing problems and the error code com.sec.imsservice has stopped so i need to downgrade and flash my phone, but the sites two sites you have listed for the files dont have any for my phone. I really need to fix my phone

92. http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=sm-g900a

ReplyDelete
  93. follow this http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/10/How-to-Fix-Wrong-IMEI-No-Network-Galaxy-S3-S4-Note2.html

94. Hi Mr Wolf,
    I have tried the tutorial and it didn't work, when it finish it keeps rebooting at the level of the samsung logo.
    Thanks any way for your help

ReplyDelete
  95. Thank you MR. Wolf, but now when i push start it says failed. on my phone it says SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 2 > Binary 1 what did i do wrong?

96. You need the latest update and its not available for downloading yet
    Try to restore your device using KIES

ReplyDelete
  97. Do you know when it will be available, i need to fix my phone asap. and i am unable to restore my phone because i do not have a backup prior to the update.

98. Then flash Android lollipop it might fix it

99. Did you try this : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712464416

ReplyDelete
  100. I downloaded 3 separate files, but unable to access them thru odin3 or kies so im not actually sure what to do

101. Mr. Wolf,

I have a virgin mobile s5, and I was wondering if i can install the same firmware as sprint's since they are the same model, G900P. I am trying to downgrade from lollipop back to KitKat firmware NK4. Is it possible, and without tripping the knox? Thank you in advance.

ReplyDelete
  102. I'm also trying to follow the same approach to downgrade a Verizon varíat. I downloaded both firmwares from Sam Mobile, I have not proceeded yet. I'm hearing some people saying that is it not possible, others that it is possible. Please let me know. Thank you.

103. If its the same model number then you can flash it
    Downgrading won't trip KNOX

ReplyDelete
  104. It is safe to install the sprint firmaware on my virgin mobile version then?

ReplyDelete
  105. Do you think this would be a trusty firmware?

ReplyDelete
  106. http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S5%20%28Sprint%29%20%28SM-G900P%29/Stock%20ROMs/NK4/Original%20TAR

Do you think this is a trusty firmware, I found it first.

107. Does this update work for the SM-G900R4? Because i have my doubts

108. tacomakingsfan16 March, 2015 16:23

Mr. Wolf,
    I have a SM-900v which was updated to 5.0 Lollipop. I tried to revert back to 4.4.2 by using Odin. Everything worked fine up until I unplugged my phone and the Verizon Logo appears. It is just stuck there. I've tried three times to do the process but still the Verizon logo. Any ideas? Thanks!

ReplyDelete
  109. Hello ... I have a private smartphone forensic agency and and cannot extract my clients data from his Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900A AT&T) because my extraction software requires the device be rooted. Unfortunately for me, Towel Root is only successful rooting Galaxy S5's with a kernel date before June 4, 2014 and thus, the expoit is failing when i "Make It Rain" because my kernel date is July 22, 2014. So being said, I've read somewhere that a person flashed an earlier dated kernel to the device which then enabled TowelRoot to successfully root the device. My question is, if i roll the kernel back like this ... will i lose the data on the phone? I ask because the whole reason I'm doing this is to root the phone so i can get to the data using my forensic software. :) ... your insights here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

110. If its the same model number yes if not no

111. Yep you just need a FW file for SM-G900R4

112. Factory reset from recovery, Downgrading need a factory reset

ReplyDelete
  113. You mean this : http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2014/09/TowelRoot-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S5-and-Note3-Android-4.4.2-NF-or-Later.html
    Right? ;)
    If yes, no it won't wipe data

114. Rafael Budzinski19 March, 2015 22:50

Mr. Wolf,
    I have a SM-G900M (KOT49H.G900MUBU1ANG5) from South America. I've flashed it with a compatible Lollipop and everything was alright, until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped making & receiving calls and sending & receiving SMS'. Everything is alright and the 3G works normally. After it I noticed that my IMEI changed and even after a downgrade, my issue continues (and I was stupid and didn't make a backup of my EFS folder).
    But as I can notice, I can change my network values and stuff normally. The only problem is that when the Call Forwarding is activated, the call drops. Sorry to bother you, but I really don't know what I can do to fix this.

ReplyDelete
  115. I have a g900a an upgraded to ang3 baseband and build number, but is still reads as 4.4.2 installed. Any advice on how to upgrade the is number to 4.4.4? P I sideloaded from external memory using stock recovery.

ReplyDelete
  116. Atnt g900a. Build an baseband upgraded to ang3 when I sideloaded file from stock recovery mode but room still reads as 4.4.2 Kitsap instead of 4.4.4. Not sure what I did wrong. First I flash stocked 4.4.2 in Odin before I sideloaded the ang3 upgrade in Stock recovery

ReplyDelete
  117. Sir, i need to ask a question. If you are available please let me know the answer. My question is i have sc01f (note 3 from docomo). Can i install international stock rom on that variant of note 3. IS it possible as i am much tired by the bloatwares and other software that are just consuming the space and ram specifically the language tools.

118. Try to flash the latest modem for your device

119. Try to factory rest your phone, maybe you will get OTA update
    Unfortunately there isn't FW for att

ReplyDelete
  120. No because they are different devices mean different bootloader and kernel, ...

ReplyDelete
  121. Hi Mr. wolf, i was here a long while ago. I have a galaxy s5 from att that was messed up from the kitkat update. i was never able to downgrade it because i kept getting an error in oden. I showed the error to you and i think you said that the firmware wasent out yet? i wanted to know if there is any chance for me to fix my phone yet, for it is still broken. thank you

122. I'm sorry that you still have a problem with your device
    Can you remember me please your problem
    Which Model? build number?

123. Mr. Wolf,
    I hve a samsung sm-g900v VRU1ANK2 can I flash it to something other than verizon, say an international version

124. Sorry this reply took so long
    The problem was this, which i have posted to you a while ago, you might remember it, this is my exact message

Update: forgot to tell you that on odin3 it says
    Added!!
    Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    File analysis..
    SetupConnection..
    Initialzation..
    Get PIT for mapping..
    Firmware update start..
    SingleDownload.
    aboot.mbn
    NAND Write Start!!
    FAIL! (Auth)

Complete(Write) operation failed.
    All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

(it copyed into this text box strangly but in edit mode its writen exactly like your examles)

Im looking to downgrade my ATT galaxy phone from Kitkat to whatever it was before, because now the internet thing is messed up, like it is (or was for most ppl) for most galaxy users with ATT who got their new kitkat update a few months ago. I really hope we can get this fixed soon now, your my only hope, thank you!

My model is~ SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    My build is~ KTU84P.G900AUCU2AOA1 (hopefully that is correct)

ReplyDelete
  125. tried this and it stated that it failed. why?

ReplyDelete
  126. hey i have a mac and i don't think this works on mac. i already have kies but odin docent work on mac.
    if it does can u give me the link

127. Mr WOLF

if it does can u give me the link

ReplyDelete
  128. Hi Mr Wolf, is there a Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe cache partition zip that I can flash in Odin? For some reason 3 button combo isn't working on my phone, I've had to use a USB Jig just to start download mode. Thanks

129. MrW0lf,
    I have a SM-G900A and it will not become unbricked. When i flash the stock roms on it it loads and then right before the blue samsung logo finishes loading it freezes up for a bit then turns black, with the blue notification still on, any thoughts?

130. Boot into recovery mode and wipe data factory reset

131. Use adb cmd :
    reboot recovery

132. Odin isn't compatible with mac

ReplyDelete
  133. MR WOLF, please help did somethne with safe strap by accident and not phone is stuckon bootscreen.... already ran odin and try its tar5 md5 file and it passes by reboots to stay at the same samsung boot screen please help... conact me via phone 4433101523 or haileezdaddy@gmail.com thanks so much verizon galaxy s5 sm-g900v

134. Boot into recovery mode then wipe data factory reset

135. I am getting an error saying "AUTH Failed" in ODIN,Can anyone please help

136. MR WOLF
    i have an s4 I9500. I flashed a chinese firmware of lollipop on my phone and now when im trying to flash any other firmware from other regions it dosent work. odin keeps on giving me error when flashing system.img. i cant find any solution. please help. i have tried tried many times but still no result.

ReplyDelete
  137. What is the build number of the current FW?

138. LRX22C.19500CUJOA3
    I Think it was an early release..

ReplyDelete
  139. did you found any solution??

140. Shehryar Habib04 June, 2015 11:29

Mrwolf,
    kindly resolve ma issue i have galaxy s5 g900f running 4.4.4 and it is custom i guese because in build number it says "kot49.617" i want to install latest update of lollipop i downloaded it from sammobile but when i run odin it comes up with an error on download mode screen.. red colour udc start
    tell me if any solution can help :-(

ReplyDelete
  141. do i need to flash a pit file or something else??

ReplyDelete
  142. Mr WOLF, my gt-i9505 upgraded itself to lollipop and i hate the new os. It has a lot of bugs. I want to downgrade back to kitkat. If i flash an official kitkat version would the knox counter change?

143. Hamii ChaudRy11 June, 2015 19:55

hello my name is hamza I asked some few questionsplz tell me the answars

144. Hamii ChaudRy11 June, 2015 19:56

Hy Mr WOLF

ReplyDelete
  145. Try this http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/48080/I9500UBUHOE2_I9500UUBHOE2_TPA/

146. Can you take a pic of the screen and odin message please

147. Give a try for the pit file also

148. No, you will lose only your data

ReplyDelete
  149. I have a question, I have a Galaxy S5 SM-G900M and I rooted the phone (no recovery) then I restore and erase the info (no flash) after the process completed the phone didn't recognize the SIM as if it was a locked phone, then I flash it to stock ROM and erase everything from recovery, but still the same, what should I do? thanks!

150. Hello,

I bought a factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900FD) international from the UAE and plan to use it in the US. Some apps show restrictions that are typically placed in the UAE e.g. while using Google Hangouts to call a US number, it asks me to add credit when that's supposed to be free. I believe it's because it has the UAE firmware.

-Am I correct in understanding this to be a firmware issue?
    -Assuming yes to above, the firmware choices for this model lists several countries but not the US.

Which country should I pick? Or can I pick the US firmware for another S5 model and install it on mine?
    -Would updating the firmware trip the Knox counter (and hence the warranty)?

Thanks.

ReplyDelete
  151. Flash the latest version to your device (flash lollipop)

152. Dakota Blanton05 July, 2015 21:07

i booted into recover mode and did wipe data and cache. sm-g900a yet every time i turn it on it freezes on samsung splash screen goes black with blue led light on constant

153. Dakota Blanton05 July, 2015 21:09

i have a att gs5 sm-g900a was rooted. i tried flashing stock now boot loops on samsung splash screen. freezes goes black with blue notification light always on. did the factory data wipe and reset throught power volume up and home button also did cache partition. when i turn it back on it still freezes though.

ReplyDelete
  154. Same here did you find any solution ?

ReplyDelete
  155. Your device was running on which build number?

156. Matúš Tulajdon08 July, 2015 12:12

hello, i have samsung galaxy s5 SM-G900A, android 4.4.2 ,
    Baseband version: G900AUCU2ANG3
    Build number: KOT49H.G900AUCU2ANG3
    kernel version: 3.4.0-2178781
    dp@SWDD5701 #1
    Tue Jul 22 13:58:46 KST 2014

Do you know where I can download 4.4.4 android version or higher ? It isn´t on sam-mobile.com and I can´t findt it anywhere. Please help me.

157. Luis E. Biaggi Jr.08 July, 2015 22:53

I have a S5, I loaded the Kernel Root 1st, and upon rebooting the phone stays in a loop going back always to recover. I have done the Factory Reset and also wipe cache. Upon close examination, it looks like when booting the Android shows "NO Command".

ReplyDelete
  158. Odin crashes for me, can you help me fix this?

ReplyDelete
  159. "This guide will make you able to upgrade or downgrade (Limited) your galaxy S5" Now when you say something is limited you really should explain how or why it is limited so understand and aren't left wondering. For example, instead of leaving your readers to chance a faulty downgrade attempt from 5.1 to something else, why not tell them that you can't downgrade from 5.1 instead of just saying "limited". That would be much more helpful and I think you made this page to be helpful...

ReplyDelete
  160. Im trying to downgrade my Galaxy s5 tmobile 5.1.1 to 5.0 does anyone know how? since 5.1.1 cannot be rooted yet i like to root the 5.0 and install a custom rom like blisspop or zephry the stock rom is just too laggy and slow any wayy unstable to do anything. Thanks any help is appreciated.