Android Reviews, Tutorials, How To's, Root, UnRoot, Flash for Android mobile phones and operating system

13 October 2013

How to Fix "Not Registered on Network"/Wrong IMEI for Galaxy S3/S4/Note2

This tutorial will learn you how to fix "not registered on network", wrong IMEI for :
  • Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model ONLY.
  • Samsung galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model ONLY.
  • Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9500 model ONLY.
  • Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model ONLY.
Before starting :
  • Backup your important data first just in case of this process corrupt your data.
  • Download and install Samsung mobile driver (Skip this if you already have Samsung Kies)  (Link below)
  • Download MODEM.tar.md5 file then unzip it only one time (Link below)
  • Download Odin3 then unzip it (Link below) Disable the antivirus software, Close Samsung Kies and disconnect any device connected to USB ports on your computer.
Flashing instructions :
1- Run "Odin3" as administrator, Click on PDA button and navigate to Modem.tar.md5 file that you extracted.
2 - Shut down your device and make sure your device is completely off
3 - Put your device into download mode by pressing and holding (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons
4 - Press Volume up to continue
5 - Connect the device to your computer by USB cable and wait until you get a sign in Odin (ID:COM section) and "Added" in message box.
6 - Make sure re-partition is NOT SELECTED [Very important]
7- Click Start and wait a few seconds until you see "PASS!".

Notes :
  • Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device while flashing
  • I am not responsible if something wrong happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK)
  • Install Samsung Mobile Driver or Samsung Kies if you don't see a sign in Odin (Step 5)
  • This process takes maximum 1 minute
  • In some cases this won't fix the wrong IMEI or "not registered on network" message
  • If your device stuck in boot loop after downgrading, factory reset your device from recovery mode (Vol up+Home+Power)
Downloads :

93 comments:

1. Thanks you very very much

2. THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH, FIXED NO SERVICE PROBLEM ON MY S3 :D

3. kristine necesario18 November, 2013 04:09

OMG!! Thank you, this fixed my phone in a flash!!

ReplyDelete
  4. we should use slovakia rom for this Modem? or not?
    i have iran rom

5. ႊThank You So Much Admin

6. Wow.........

ReplyDelete
  7. thank you admin, very difficult to find solution solve imei problem, now i got it.

ReplyDelete
  8. it didnt work for me, do you have to have a rooted Note 2 on this?

ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much.My problems was solved.

10. Will this work on android 4.3

ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I spent two days trying to fix this until I found your post.

ReplyDelete
  12. After downgrading from Official android 4.3 for galaxy S3, I faced this problem although my IMEI and serial were still intact. Thank you for your no custom recovery method

ReplyDelete
  13. Hi..I got "not registered on network" problem.. I tried but it didnt work..is there any way to fix the problem?

ReplyDelete
  14. dose it work on 4.3 s3?

15. not work in my s3 international
    registor network error in my phone
    please help

ReplyDelete
  16. After I flash on s3,,my network has registeres,,but no sound during calls,,,,, pls help me

17. Excellent!!!!!!!!!! thsank you so much.. galaxy s 4 international

ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Thank for nice guide! Now i need really help. My mobile with Samsung S4 GT-i9505 not registered dont work. Can any one help me? Tank a lot.

19. KOT49H.I9505XXUFNB8

ReplyDelete
  20. I9505 file has been added, please try it.

ReplyDelete
  21. Hello again! Dont work for me =( How I do now? Thank a lot! This is nordic version!

ReplyDelete
  22. OK, Try to flash this : http://d-h.st/5i9 first and after flash Modem_I9505XXUFNC4
    Backup your files before starting and make sure your device running on stock rom

ReplyDelete
  23. Hello again! i have try it and dont work but i think maybe imei nr is change or not. hmm

24. Yes your phone isn't registered because of the wrong imei
    but I no other idea :(
    Try to reflash stock FW (it won't fix but try it)

25. FAILD.... please help

26. samsung galaxy s3

27. Azraf Khan Abdul Raof Khan22 May, 2014 18:45

i've performed factory reset..once completed, rebooted the device and found the welcome screen changed to Andriod logo (original - Samsung logo) and I got Invalid Imei and no service. My phone is Galaxy S4 GT-19500. Anyone pls help as I've tried to reset factory setting couple of times using both normal and root ways

28. Mohammed Shahbaz07 July, 2014 06:51

ReplyDelete
  29. I have a SIII GT-I9300. IMEI was corrupt after a failed rom upgrade. Been trying for months to fix the problem. Don't have access to a "box". Have done lots of rom writes to see if it would fix IMEI. No joy. Tried your Modem file and it worked first try. Thank you very much!!!

30. Working With S3 Thanks

ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know really how to thank you, after I downgraded my SGS3 from 4.3 to 4.1.2 I lost the IMEI and it gave me a fake one, with this tool I succeeded getting my original IMEI back ... (A donation will be released soon :D) Thank you.

ReplyDelete
  32. did not solve my problem , i did this but no work :'( any other solution ??

ReplyDelete
  33. i did 2 times and still my imey is uknown. What sugestions? I think this all happened after update

ReplyDelete
  34. My Name is Sahil Thnaks so much my phone is workig and imei also back again thnaks you so much admin
    Device:
    Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
    india, international

ReplyDelete
  35. pls help i have an s5 gti9515 european model. sent it to a phone shop to remove region lock but the lock is still intact. initially when i insert a different region sim it brings out a Sim Network Unlock Pin prompt but now it doesn't. Also when i check service mode i have IMEI certi fail even though IMEI is intact along with the super IMEI and serial number. None shows null. Pls help as I now have an unlock code to unlock the region lock from the phone.

36. Uuganbayr Gansukh02 December, 2014 10:49

sgnote2 4.4.2 working this modem ?

ReplyDelete
  37. hi.. i got "not registered on network " problem mobile note 2 n7100 in the stock Rom flash any way to fix my phone problem.......

fast reply me..... i write you

38. JRO03C.N7100XXALINE

ReplyDelete
  39. ND1 is the latest modem if it doesn't work you have to wait a new update for it
    Make sure your phone is running on stock FW

ReplyDelete
  40. this is indeed legit!! this fixed my problem. thank you very much!!!!! THANK YOU. i cant thank you enough!!

ReplyDelete
  41. Where can i find modem for I9200 ?

42. hi..My Build number is 19505xxuek9

i tried what you put in the links and with india heart
    it didnt work .what should i do ?

ReplyDelete
  43. hey..can i flash new imei using odin ?

44. dus't not work

45. Sudarshan Karnavat17 January, 2015 17:43

Thanks. It worked for me
    My story
    I downgraded from lollipop (nameless rom) to kitkat custom rom and the efs null error appeared. After lot of trials, came across your page which was a mobile saver

46. worked on mine 4.3 s3

ReplyDelete
  47. Mr Wolf I've got the same problem.
    How i got my IMEI null/null & Baseband unknown,
    I've had flashed the Pheonix Rom for my S4 I9505 & it was smooth and working like a charm and after 2, 3 months my phone reboots itself and i've got no service and my IMEI null. :S
    "And then again Sometimes my phone used to reboots itself and i've got my IMEI back again."
    And that goes again n again.
    and then i've flashed my device on Stock Firmware 4.4.2 and STILL THE SAME.
    Please Reply ASAP.

ReplyDelete
  48. STILL THE SAME. you mean rebooting or IMIE?
    After flashing stock FW did you factory reset, Flash the latest FW for your device cause restarting problem sometimes happened cause of some updates.

49. Rebooting.
    Yes i did Factory reset plus wipe cache partition.
    But this didn't fix my problem either.
    My device reboots usually and my network signals come and go. (IMEI null/null to 1/01)

50. Flash the latest FW file for your device model
    If it doesn't fix it try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/general/fix-reboot-crash-problem-ng6-root-t2921584

ReplyDelete
  51. Well, thank you so much.
    As far as i know flashing the latest FW won't fix thi IMEI issue.
    But let see as i'm about to flash UK BTU 4.4.2 I9505XXUGNG8.

ReplyDelete
  52. Flash this http://samsung-updates.com/details/38236/Galaxy_S_4_Snapdragon/GT-I9505/TGY/I9505ZHUFNL1.html

ReplyDelete
  53. HI MrW0LF .i tried this on my NOTE 2 N7100 4.4.2 but didnt work.build number is KOT49H.N7100XXUFNJ1 .Pls i wanted to know if i should downgrade it to 4.3 before it works? pls help thanks :)

ReplyDelete
  54. Mr. Wolf, what about kot49h.n7100xxufnJ1 ?

thanks in advance

ReplyDelete
  55. hi, Just wanted to ask seeing a lot of people here have the similar problem as me? I too have a Samsung galaxy S3 model (GT-I9300) International Code "PHN" Netherlands. just wondering as my phone received the latest update to4.3 JB I've lost my IMEI number for a generic 0049**********01, now how could I fix My IMEI number so its back to original state?

56. hi
    i have the same prblm (IMEI NULL) but i have galaxy note 4 SM910F
    i need modem for this version
    thanks

ReplyDelete
  57. Hi i have samsung galaxy s4 i9505 . I got not registered on network problem some times while other phones are catching signals at the same place . I have Officidl kit kat 4.4.2 installed I9505 VJUGNI2. Kindly help me.

58. /01 at the end is normal
    This post for "not registered on network" devices + wrong IMEI

ReplyDelete
  59. i said that i have a problem "not registered on network" and low signal catching .
    can you help me in this regard?
    is this method can solve my problem and is this method safe for my i9505 ?

ReplyDelete
  60. Sometimes some modems have bugs, Try to flash the latest modem, before starting backup the efs (IMEI)

61. Muhammad Zulfadli Shahrom18 March, 2015 06:31

hi...i'm using i9300 from malaysia..already flash all modem u given but no luck...can you help me sir. imei still intact but not register on network

62. Muhammad Zulfadli Shahrom19 March, 2015 14:09

JSS15J.I9300XXUGNA5
    my IMEI is still same like under the battery but the serial number have change. plz help me sir to solve this problem.
    tq

63. serial number? humm
    I have no idea about changing the serial number

ReplyDelete
  64. hey w0lfdroid i love youuuuuu <3, you saved my life :D, after hours searching for the way to solve that issue i found your thread and i have done all the 7 points but it doesn't worked. Then i had no hopes and did'nt know what to do. Then i made an wipe/factory reset + wipe cache partition and IT WOOOOORKED :D:D:D:D:D

i'm not sure whether your instruction or my proper workings made this. But it doesn't matter. The main thing is that your solution was the best and easiest and it solved my problem. Don't matter how much i thank you it is not enough.

for the others like me :S i wish you all good luck..

ReplyDelete
  65. Hi, which Modem_I9300 i should choose?

66. Please provide me link for

OTU-I9500XXUGNH2 firmware. Unable to download it form rapidgator link. IMEI/Serial did not worked for me and now they are null instead of 0/01 after flashing.

67. its work for me with galaxy s3 i9300

68. Try NF1 at the first if it doesn't work use NI1

ReplyDelete
  69. helo i from indonesia sorry for my bad engglish, i using GT I9500 baseband I9500XXUGNH1 or I9500XXUGNI1 i forget sorry, i lose IMIE, can you fix it???

please fast reply brother

ReplyDelete
  70. helo i from indonesia sorry for my bad engglish, i using GT I9500 baseband I9500XXUGNH1 or I9500XXUGNI1 i forget sorry, i lose IMIE, can you fix it???

please help mrwolf

ReplyDelete
  71. After upgrading to 4.3 from 4.1.2 , IMEI is corrupted with 0049 like this, No registered to network.Baseband version I9300DDEMG2, tried flashing modem MG4,MG2,NF1,NI1 still not working. Please Help.

ReplyDelete
  72. How to solve Not registered on network on Galaxy S3 GT .

73. How to solve Not registered on network on Galaxy S3 GT

74. Joryan Sennesael03 May, 2015 03:09

SIR, I FAKKING LOVE YOU... after rooting my note 2, i didn't have network annymore... I have been searchin for hours and foudn this forum... i flashed it with odin and boom all fixed... I can't thank you enough for fixing my mistake! I would totally donate if i had a salary! :D

75. Баттөмөрийн Энхтүвшин03 May, 2015 06:41

jelly bean 4.3 N7100
    does it work ??

76. Joryan Sennesael03 May, 2015 18:33

it did for me, good luck

77. Mauricio Barrionuevo06 May, 2015 21:38

brother!!! please!!! help me!!!!!! i have the same problem!

78. Mauricio Barrionuevo06 May, 2015 21:43

Sir, i have this problem, a few days ago doesnt get network, and i chech out, and my imei was change it!!! i dont know why, please, help me!!! ahh i forget it, the "new" imei is like that, 004999blablabla.i will waitting for your answer!!! thank you!

79. Mauricio Barrionuevo07 May, 2015 03:56

samsung galaxy s3 GT-i9300 build number JSS15J.19300XXUGMJ9. thanks for your response.

80. Mauricio Barrionuevo08 May, 2015 20:01

Samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300 ,build number JSS15J.I9300XXUGMJ9, help me please!!! thaks a lot!!!

81. Mauricio Barrionuevo08 May, 2015 20:42

hi!!! can you help me please?? how did you do it? any efs backup?? some root?? or step by step as described here?

W0lfDroid

82. Joryan Sennesael09 May, 2015 00:10

My phone's imei was gone after rooting it.... i tried alot of other guides but this seemed to be the only one that did the trick.

I have simply followed all these steps as discribed above and flashed the ND1 file to my note 2... when odin said complete, my issue was fixed

btw: when using odin with the note 2, turn off auto reboot, else the phone will reboot already while it is still flashing... just reboot it manually when it says PASS (only pass, no RESET or annything else)
    good luck

83. Flash the latest modem for I9300

ReplyDelete
  84. thank u very much m.wolf :)

MrW0lf