- I535_Root_Kernel file
- I535_NC1_Kernel file
- Odin3 any, version
- Installed Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile USB driver
- Saferoot tool file
- This process WON'T wipe your data, but backup your phone just in case this process corrupt your data.
- Flash I535_ROOT_Kernel.tar.md5 file by odin3 in PDA or AP section.
- Make sure Re-Partition is NOT selected.
- Root your device using SafeRoot method by following this guide : [No Warranty Void] Safe Root Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3/S4 Note 2
- Make sure your phone is rooted by trying App which require root permission.
- Flash back NC1 kernel by Odin3.
Congratulation, your Verizon galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is rooted on the latest Android 4.3 jelly bean without tripping binary or KNOX counter.
This video was made for GT-I9300 but it's exactly the same steps for SCH-I535
YT video link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYjoW22h7cNotes:
- Download and install manually busybox if the tool is failed to install it.
- Use this guide at your own risk.
- Kernel files on this post are ONLY for Verizon galaxy S3 SCH-I535 and ONLY for Android 4.3 jelly bean NOT 4.4.2 KitKat
- You will not be able to receive OTA update, but you can update your device at any time by Kies or Odin3.
- This process is tested by "Devon Onescu" and worked great "It worked like a charm!!! Thanx for helping me root my device again:)".
- To unroot your device --> Open SuperSU app / Settings / Full UnRoot then flash stock FW